Course - ADO.NET
Description of ADO.NET
You will study how to create data table objects in your application, connect to data bases, send queries, select, work with transactions, etc. All the examples will use the Microsoft Access and SQL Server 2008, the basics of queries writing using the SQL language. The principles of data bases protection and also connection to them with different access levels are also discussed. Examples of stored procedures, their application in ADO.NET are studied. In the main part of the course the following questions are explained: Connection object, connection pool, Command object and its methods ExecuteNonQuery, ExecuteScalar and ExecuteReader, transactions usage, Dataset objects, DataTable and DataColumn, filtering, sorting and data search, output of linked tables, creation and using of typed object DataSet, reading and recording documents XML, using a Command object to send SQL statements to the data base, transactions and CommandBuilder object, properties, methods of DataAdapter and DataSet objects, introduction to XML-web services.
Structure of lessons will help you master ADO.NET from the beginner’s level from simple to complex, and it will help experienced developers find answers to questions that even professional developers can have.
• C# experience is an advantage
Who should attend
Lesson 1. Architecture of ADO.NET technology, connectable part of architecture
• Consideration of ADO.NET architecture
• Providers to retrieve data from database. SQL Server Provider. NET Data Provider.
• Connection strings. Creating and working with connection strings. SQLConnection object.
• Storing of connection strings in the configuration file.
• Safety of connection Strings. Object ConnectionStringBuilder
• The notion of a connection pool. Use of connection pool.
Lesson 2. Getting the data. The object SqlCommand. Work with parameterized queries
• Object SqlCommand. Creating objects SqlCommand.
• Performing of insert, update, delete, and retrieve data instructions.
• Introduction to SqlDataReader object. Different ways to get data query using the SqlDataReader object
• Performing of batch queries.
• Asynchronous performing of instructions, using WinForms application.
• Work with null values of database
• Creation and performing of parameterized queries.
• The safety of parameterized queries. Using of SqlParameter object
• Performing of stored procedures using a SqlCommand object
Lesson 3. Autonomous part of architecture. DataColumn, DataTable objects
• Creating of DataTable and DataColumn objects
• Introduction to the DataRow. Adding of rows to a table, changing of strings.
• Use of SqlDataReader object to create object schema of DataTable object.
• Use of SqlDataReader object to get the data and write it to the DataTable object.
• Properties ReadOnly, AllowDBNull, MaxLength, Unique of DataColumn object
• Restrictions ForeignKeyConstraint, PrimaryKey of Datatable object
• Creation of columns. Based on the expression
Lesson 4. Autonomous piece of architecture. DataRow, DataSet and DataAdapter objects
• The RowState property of DataRow object.
• View of pending changes, the use of RowState property of DataRow object.
• Work with DataRowVersion.
• Searching and filtering of data in DataSet object
• DataAdapter object. Creating of TableAdapter object.
• Receiving Data using TableAdapter object
• Features of TableAdapter for getting database schema
• Comparison of DataTable object names with the names of tables in the database. Objects DataTableMapping, DataColumnMapping
Lesson 5. Work with relational data. DataRelation object
• Introduction to DataRelation object. Creation of DataRelation objects
• Getting of child lines using the GetChildRows ();
• Obtaining parental lines using the GetParentRows ();
• Implementation of the relationship to itself. Retrieving data from a table with a link to itself.
• A many-to-many. Practical examples of getting data from related tables
• The use of links to create calculated fields of the DataTable
• Specifying rules to remove and change lines of parent table. DeleteRule and UpdateRule properties of ForeignKeyConstraint object
• Using RowState enumeration to obtain the relevant information lines prepared for removal.
Lesson 6. Filtering and sorting data changes. The DataView
• The benefits of using DataView object
• Search on the primary key in DataTable. Method Find ();
• Creating and using filters for DataTable. Method Select ().
• Introduction to DataView object. Creating an object DataView.
• Sorting and filtering DataView
• DataViewRowState enumeration. Using DataViewRowState enumeration with DataView object
• Searching data in the table by using method Find.
• Adding, editing and deleting data using DataView
• Abilities to create DataTable objects using DataView
Lesson 7. DataSet object, strongly typed
• General information about DataSet object, strongly typed.
• Advantages and disadvantages of working with strongly typed DataSet.
• Ways of creating strongly typed DataSet.
• Opportunities to add, search, and edit data using strongly typed DataSet.
• TableAdapter object. Creation of TableAdapter object.
Lesson 8. Update transfer.
• Problems and possible ways to implement the transmission of changes to the database.
• Creation of parameterized instructions for sending updates to the database. Delete, insert and update instructions.
• Opportunities, provided by SqlDataAdapter object to transfer pending changes
• Properties InsertCommand, DeleteCommand, UpdateCommand of SqlDataAdapter object
• SqlCommandBuilder object. Using SqlCommandBuilder object to generate the instructions to delete, modify and insert data.
• The mechanism for instruction generation by SqlCommandBuilder object
• Transmission of updates in SqlTransaction objects
Completing this course, you will be able to:
• Create applications that will retrieve and modify data in the data base
• Understand the main principles of work with data sources that will help in development of any application
• Set interaction between tables and arrange shift between them
• Create pool of connections
• Use different methods and properties to processing data in table
• Create and contribute stored procedures, use transactions
• Arrange data communication between several applications, using the start of necessary services