Course - ASP.NET Essential
Description of ASP.NET Essential
This course includes the main topics that are necessary for development and support of Web-portals. Using the hands-on examples we will stress on concepts of web development and usage of object model of ASP.NET platform.
This course will be useful for beginners and experienced developers.
• Transact-SQL basics knowledge
Who should attend
Lesson 1. Introduction to ASP.NET
The lesson considers the general principles of developing Web-based applications, the role of the Web server, web browser and the HTTP protocol. The lesson materials are provided with examples, explaining the ASP.NET application structure, the organization and principles of the page server controls.
Lesson 2. Page. Class Page.
The concept of the request and response, the Request and Response object page. Analysis of the life cycle of ASP.NET page. Use of the Class ServerUtility. Objective - to force the listener to think in a new way and properly develop applications based on the request / response model.
Lesson 3. The main server controls
Principles of control creation of the important properties and processing of the main events are studied at the lesson. Also, examples of creating themes for the pages are considered.
Lesson 4. State storage applications
Since the HTTP protocol is stateless in ASP.NET there are several mechanisms to maintain the values between requests to the server.
Examples of applications to work with:
Lesson 5. List controls
The data in web-applications often is displayed in a list view. The lesson shows the properties and events of the following elements:
Examples of file uploading to server, using FileUpload contro are considered.
Lesson 6. Data Binding
ASP.NET is a powerful tool to bind some of the controls to the various data sources, such as a database, xml document or object in the application memory.
• Principles of data binding. DataSource property
• SqlDataSource use
• ObjectDataSource use
• Cascade filling lists.
• Server Control DeteilsView
• Basic techniques for working with SQL database.
Lesson 7. Repeater и GridView
• Examples of the control Repeater
• Bind GridView to the data.
• Events, generated by GridView control
• The types of GridView columns
• GridView setting for displaying user content.
Lesson 8. Navigation and validators
• Create a master page. Nested master pages.
• Menu and TreeControl
• SiteMapPath («bread crumbs" - controls to determine the current location on the site)
• Forms verification. Use of validators.
• Filtering of bots, Captcha use
• Sending of e-mail messages (work with SMTP)
Lesson 9. Fundamentals of AJAX
• The UpdatePanel control
• Familiarization with the controls library AJAX Toolkit
Lesson 10. Localization of applications and the substitution of URL address
Form writing, which will be displayed in several languages. Local and global resources using, as well as the substitution of URL addresses, using Url Rewriting .NET library
Completing this course, you will be able to:
• Understand page lifecycle and properly use page events
• Use the main server-side controls, such as buttons, textboxes, links, literals, images, etc.
• Maintain state in web applications, using tools in ASP.NET (Sessions, ViewState, state of application)
• Use list elements controls
• Use bound to different data sources
• Set GridView controls
• Create simple pages using AJAX
• Develop applications localized for several languages
• Use URLRewriter.NET for change of URL addresses