Course - Microsoft Entity Framework
Description of Microsoft Entity Framework
After completing the course you will be able not only to access the database but also understand how to optimize the code so that would increase the effectiveness of your application quickly.
• Knowledge of the main .NET Framework libraries.
• Programming experience in C #.
• Knowledge of T-SQL language
• Basics of ADO.NET
• Experience with Visual Studio 2010
Who should attend
Introduction to EF
• Possibilities and basic concepts of EF
• Approaches to the use of EF (DB first, model first, code first)
• Comparison with other technologies (ADO.NET Dataset, LINQ 2 SQL)
Entity Data Model overview
• Overview of EDM designer
• EDM layers: The conceptual layer (CSDL), mapping layer (MSL), logical layer (SSDL)
• Code generation from EDM
• The data changing in a database.
• Entity Changing: Partial classes, extension methods, relations and associations, other possibilities.
Basics of LINQ 2
• Operators of selection, filtering, sorting
• Combining of subqueries results
• The projection of the query results, anonymous types.
Lesson 5. «Code-first» style
• Overvew of EF Code-First technology
• Code-First agreements
• Attributes in EF Code First
• Code-First Fluent API
Completing this course, you will be able to:
• Use approaches - DataBase First, Model First, Code first.
• Work with Entities, change them
• Manipulate data in the database, using LINQ and Entity
• Handle errors