Course - Looking for a job?
Description of Looking for a job?
Module 1. Resume Writing.
• Structure, size, content and other «points». Vacancy-driven and company-oriented resumes. English clichés. Typical «bugs» in resume writing.
• Форма як спосіб виділитися та рамки креативності.
• What Що писати, коли немає “що написати”. Resume writing.
• Resume vs LinkedIn profile.
• Social network profiles as informal resumes.
• Cover letters as a form of sales letters. Typical phrases for cover letter writing. Practice.
• Appreciations letters. European practice vs Ukrainian realities.
Module 2. Passing a job interview successfully.
• Typical questions and “right” answers.
• Phenomenon of “20-year-old SENIORs”. Salary negotiations. Establishing rapport.
• Pass a job interview with an English-speaking employer/ customer
• Business ethics and IT specialists.
Who should attend
Completing this course, you will be able to:
• write cover letters and appreciation letters
• effortlessly discuss employment terms and conditions
• pass a job interview with an HR manager
• pass a job interview with an English-speaking employer/ customer
• write clearly and effectively with logical thought flow;
• be polite without seeming timid, direct yet not rude, concise rather than abrupt, and firm but not inflexible;