Course - Team Foundation Server 2010 Essentials
Description of Team Foundation Server 2010 Essentials
Part 1. TFS Architecture. Administration.
• What is the TFS
• TFS Architecture
• Main features of TFS
• System requirements and installation of TFS
• Collections of projects
• Team projects
• Practice: creating a collection of projects and team project.
• Models of version control systems.
• The concept of workspace
Part 2. Version control system.
• Connection to TFS
• Adding of solution to the team project.
• Creating and configuration of the workspace
• Get Latest Version operation
• Making changes to the source code control.
• View of history.
• Operations of movement and renaming.
• Delete and Undelete operations.
• Shelve and Unshelve operations
• Get Specific Version operations
• Conflict resolution
• Code annotation
• Configuring Email messages
• Configuring Policies of Check-In
• Branch and Merge operations
Part 3. Process management
• What is Process Templates
• The main differences between MSF Agile and MSF CMMI patterns
• The concept of work item. Its structure.
• Visual Studio 2010 skills
Who should attend
Completing this course, you will be able to:
- To work with the source code control.
- Manage process items, such as tasks, bugs, requirements etc.
- Understand the meaning of the performance of TFS standard reports that concern the project.