Course - WCF
Description of WCF
The whole course is built on simple and informative examples that will give to listeners understanding and ability to use the gained knowledge during service-oriented applications development and deal with common issues in software development.
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of basic classes of Microsoft .NET Framework library
Who should attend
Introduction to WCF
• Familiarity with technology WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
• What is a distributed application
• Distributed systems architecture
• Creating services with using WCF
Hosting WCF services
This module describes basic principles of development and setoff WCF services in the form of managed applications, and choosing the appropriate host.
• Configuration Methods hosting services.
• Creating endpoints.
• The use of different protocols.
• Using data bindings.
Designing and defining contracts
This module describes how to define WCF service contracts, operations and data contracts according to application requirements.
• Defining data contract
• Defining service contract
• Contract data
• Contract errors
• Contract messages.
• WSDL standard.
• Problems services of interoperability.
Channels and binding
• Types activation server instances.
• Session-level services.
• Call-level services.
• Singlet service.
• Communication protocols and bindings.
• Stack channels and encoding messages.
Working with exceptions
• Generation and processing of exceptions.
• Types WCF exceptions.
• Communication error.
• Errors and state intermediary channels.
• Services errors
Completing this course, you will be able to:
• Provide WCF services through different endpoints and widen services functionality using behaviors
• Increase the quality of service debugging by learning messages and monitoring activities
• Define service contracts, operations and data according to requirements of the application
• Implement the function of errors handling in WCF applications
• Ensure the high service quality by solving issues with productivity and accessibility, arranging effective parallel access and also managing of service samples
• Ensure WCF applications security
• Ensure data integrity by correct translation usage